🠈 People's Utah Bancorp 🠊
People's Utah Bancorp
People's Utah Bancorp (NASDAQ: PUB) is a holding company for Peoples Intermountain Bank which has the following divisions:
- Bank of American Fork headquartered Utah County,
- Lewiston State Bank headquartered in Cache County,
- and GrowthFunding Equipment Finance which is a leasing company for equipment loans.
The company was founded in 1913 as People's State Bank of American Fork. It closed temporarily in 1929 to avoid a run on the bank.
Orville Gunther shortened the bank's name to Bank of American Fork in the 1960s.
The company began expanding in Utah County in the 1970s and then into Salt Lake County in the 1990s.
Bank of American Fork merged with Lewiston State Bank of Logan in 2013. The joint company developed a holding company structure with the holding company called People's Intermountain Bank.
In June 2017, People's Bank acquired Town & Country Bank of Saint George.2
In July 2017, People's Bank acquired the Utah Branches of Banner Bank which Banner had acquired with its purchase of AmericanWest Bank. Many of these branches were part of Far West Bank.
As of November 2017, the bank had 25 branches.
In 2019: People's announced its intention to change its name to AltaBank. Their new web site was blank when I visited it on 11/12/19. I hope I remember to make the change.
- Wikipedia - Bank of American Fork (Drawn 11/21/2017)
- Global Newswire - People's Completes Acquisition of Town and Country (Drawn 11/12/2019)
- SNL - People's Announced Name Change (Drawn 11/12/2019)
- Logan Utah - Financial: Lewiston State Bank
- Provo Utah - Banks: People's Utah Bancorp
- Provo Utah - Banks: Bank of American Fork
- Provo Utah - Banks: People's Intermountain Bank
- Provo Utah - Finance: Growth Funding
- Saint George - Banks: Town & Country Bank
- Salt Lake Sites - Banks: People's Utah Bancorp
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next