<== Site Review (2019-09-11) ==>
Liberty Safe manufactures home safes, gun safes and related products. The video is a nice sales pitch on why you need a safe. In my opinion, a person should own a good solid safe before buying a gun. I've been robbed multiple times. If I owned guns, then the robbers would have guns.
Advertisement: The products are available on Amazon.com.
Why Do You Need a Safe from Liberty Safe on Vimeo.
Below is a summary of the history of Liberty Safes. The primary source was this PDF file on Liberty's site.
- 1988: Jay Crosby, who was a cofounder of Fort Knox Safe Company founded Liberty Safes in Orem.
- 1989: Liberty moved to a 25,000 square foot facility in Provo.
- 1994: Liberty constructed a 45,000 square foot facility in Springville, Ut.
- 1995: Linsalata Capital Partners acquired Liberty.
- 1997: Liberty acquired The National Safe Company.
- 1999, National City Equity Partners, a subsidiary of National City Bank, acquired Liberty.
- 2001: Liberty consolidated its Utah facilities into 200,000 square foot facility in Payson, Ut.
- 2005: Catterton Partners acquired a majority stake in Liberty.
- 2010: The Compass Group acquired Liberty Safe for $70 million.