<== Site Review (2018-10-11) ==>
US Synthetic is an Orem based company that creates polycrystalline diamonds which are used in drilling and industrial products. The company is owned by the Apergy division of Dover Corporation which trades on the NYSE with the symbol DOV.
Here is a video by the company:
These are select events in the company's history:
- 1978: Louis Pope founded a diamond grit manufacturing company.
- 1993: US Synthetic became ISO 9000 Certified.
- 1997: Castle Harlan acquired a 60% stake in US Synthetics for $60 million (reference).
- 1998: Castle Harlan sold its stake to group led by Bain Capital for $165 million (reference).
- 2004: The Dover Energy Products division of Dover Corporation acquired US Synthetics (reference)
- 2018: Dover renamed its "Wellsite" division "Apergy."