<== Site Review (2019-09-29) ==>
Wencor Group is an aerospace company with offices in Springville. The company was founded as Kitco-Defense, which made repair kits for military aircraft.
The company acquired other aerospace service firms before become a target of acquisition itself. The current owner is a private equity firm called Warburg-Pincus which moved the corporate headquarters from Springville to Georgia.
Here is a summary of the corporate History:
- 1970: Kitco Defense founded in Springville, Utah.
- 1981: Kitco acquired Wencor and changed name to Wencor West
- 1955: Wencor founded in Florida
- 2000: Wencor acquired Dixie Aerospace.
- 2010: Odyssey Investment Partners acquired Wencor.
- 2011: Wencor and Odyssey acquired Aerospace Coatings International
- 2012: Odyssey and Wencor acquired Soundair Aviation Services.
- 2012: Odyssey and Wencor acquired Absolute Aviation Services.
- 2014: Odyssey and Wencor acquired Flightline Products.
- 2014: Odyssey and Wencor acquired XTRA Aerospace.
- 2014: Warburg Pincus acquired Wencor.
- 2014: Warburg relocated headquarters to Peachtree City, Ga.
- 2015: Warburg and Wencor acquired PHS/MWA Aviation Services.
- 2016: Wencor acquired Accessory Technology Services.
- 2017: Wencor acquired Fortner Engineering & Manufacturing, Inc..
- 2019: Warburg and Wencor acquired Silver Wings Aerospace.